Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Circle & Texture Happy Birthday Masculine Card

Can I say, I love the new crafting supplies that I have gotten recently.  I feel much more like myself when I can get in my craft room and have a few moments to myself.  That is hard with three boys running around, but I am sure going to make more of an effort.


This was a fairly simple card that I made to celebrate my Father-in-Law's birthday this week and only took about 15 minutes to make.  I used the "happy" die cut and the "Birthday" Sentiment is from My Favorite Things.  


For the Chevron Background I used Texture Paste and a Tim Holtz Chevron Stencil.  I only used the center chevron and masked over the ones I didn't need.  I let that dry for a moment and the I punched out some circles.  The largest circle is photo paper that I experimented with ink and water.  I think it add a touch of whimsy to the card.  The other circles were cut from scrap papers that I had on hand.  I think enamel dots would look nice on this as well.  I used foam dots and glues dot to assemble the layers.


I can't wait to get onto the next project.  This was so much fun!
Happy Crafting,

Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment