Saturday, November 8, 2014

Trim the Tree with Christmas Cheer

This Christmas card was inspired by one of my most popular blog posts that I did three year ago.  You can check it out here.   The tree is the main focal point and I think its curves are timeless and that is what everyone likes about it.  So, why not use the same tree in another card?  Well, that is exactly what I have done and I like this card as much as the previous one.  Here is how I did it:


The tree I used from a Cricut Christmas Solutions, cut at 4.5" on green glimmer paper.  I first used Simon Says Stamp's "Bundle of Stitched Shapes".  If you look close you can see the stitching detail around the edge.  I them made it into the background with a stencil and texture or embossing paste.  The stencil is Tim Holtz's "Holiday Knit".  I just love the texture it adds and it's subtlety behind the tree.


For the red banner, I stamped it with Stampin Up's "Sweet Essentials" Christmas Cheer sentiment.  For the finishing touch, the holly and berries were added from Papertrey Ink's "Holly Jolly Die Collection".

I may be inspired to see what other backdrops I can come up with to support the star of this card.  That tree is
Happy Crafting,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment