Monday, November 24, 2014

Merry & Bright Water Color

Merry and Bright and full of color.  I am really loving this trendy water color technique.  It brings back memories of when I took art lessons as a child.


Here are the details on how you can make this card.  For the water color background, I spread  Peacock Feathers Distress Inks on my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I then placed my cardstock into the ink and let it absorb. I after several dabs I turned over and let the water do the work. 

Next, I used the large rectangle from the "Bundle of Stitched Shapes" by Simon Says Stamps.  To add another layer of interest, I used Texture Past and the "Falling Snow" Stencil from Simon Says   The "Merry" Die from MFT is cut from glitter paper and the "&" is from Avery Elle', "We R Family" Die.  Finally I heat embossed the bright greeting from Avery Elle's "Holiday Fill In the Blank" stamp set.


Wow, I didn't realize that I used some many different company's products on this card.  I really love it and hope it inspires you to dig deep in your supplies.

Happy Crafting,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment