Thursday, May 30, 2013

Monogrammed Note Card Portfolio - End of the Year Teacher Gift

Since the school year for my children is coming to a close, I decided to make these monogrammed note card portfolios for them.  I got to use lots of my stamps, some old and some new in the process.  In this post, I am going to focus on the Note Card Portfolio Holder.  In the following post, I will show case the monogrammed cards I included.


Can you believe that this folder is just made from a simple 8.5" x 11" piece of card stock?  Yes, it is that easy.  Here is a video from Angie at ChicnScratch that explains the details on it.  For the front I used the Everything Eleanor stamp set and Serif Essentials Alphabet Bigz Die that I got off the Stampin Up Clearance Rack recently.


Using the Primerose Petals stamp pad, I stamped the background stamp then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It really gives that little extra dimension with the shine.  The rest is pretty simple with punching and the big shot.  And of course a little bling to accent the Monogram.


To get the details on the cards, please see my post "here".  This is a perfect gift for many occasions, here is another version I did for Christmas gifts.  I hope this gives you some inspiration for your own projects.
Happy Crafting,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment