Monday, May 21, 2012

End of the Year Teacher Bouquet


I can't believe my son graduated from preschool this week and to think that next year he will be on his way to kindergarten.  I wasn't as sad as I thought I would, but really happy and proud of all his accomplishments this year

Many of you who follow my blog might be familiar with this idea from last year's end of the year Teacher gift.  In order to thank Tyler's teacher and assistant, I made to gift card bouquets for each of them.  I got the idea from Disney Family Fun magazine.  I had other interested parents send me gift cards to include in the bouquet.  Here's how I made it:


I used the scalloped circle from "Accent Essentials" cartridge cut at 3.5" and the three flower layers are from "Plantin SchoolBook" cartridge, cut at 3", 2.75", 2.15".  I used a pencil to curl the edges up and used adhesive to stick the layers together.

The gift card envelope that the flowers are attached to is from the "Sweethearts" cartridge.  The dimensions are 7.15" wide x 3.30" high.  Once these were assembled, I attached the flowers that I made.  You could most certainly could use it with a Big Shoot or Cuttlebug and some of your favorite flower dies to create these as well.

Finally, I spray painted some bamboo skewers green and attached18 gauge wire to the skewers.  This made it more sturdy than last year's gift.  I then slipped the gift card flower envelopes to 18 gauge floral wire that I coiled at one end.  During this step, I also added the children's names to each of the gift cards.  I printed these out from the computer, punched them out and then attached with some hemp twine.


Here are some pictures of the other arrangement made for the assistant.  



I think any person would love to receive this special arrangement.  I hope this inspires some great ideas for you all, I am really enjoying these paper flowers.


2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on your bouquet:) I love this idea and may have to scrap lift this sometime:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete