Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Inking It Up Crazy Design Team Post - Fly


Today's Inking It Up Crazy DT design challenge was to use a Font cartridge in our project.  I recently purchase the "Songbird" cartridge on clearance at Michael's, so I though this would be a great time to try it out. 

The text that stood out to me was "Fly" and I thought it would go perfect with a kite.  The card base I used another cut from the "Songbirds" cartridge and I welded it in my Gypsy.  The kite is from the "Create a Critter" cartridge and is cut the at 2".  The clouds are from the same cartridge cut at 2", 1.5" and 1.25" then run through my Cuttlebug for some added texture.  For the details, I used my sewing machine for the stitching on the kite, used a white gel pen for the border around the card and then three white brads following the "Fly". 

Be sure to stop by Inking It Up Crazy to see what the others talented ladies have come up with.

I hope everyone is having a great week - Melanie



4 comments:

  1. Melanie this card is FABULOUS!!! I love all the stitching on the kite and ribbon. Your color choices are so peaceful. Great job!

    www.shortycreations.com
    Fellow IIUC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie this is awesome!! I love all the extra stitching esp with the sewing machine!!
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com
    fellow IIUC DT member:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute, love the colors. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! There is so much going on on this card. My favorite thing is the REAL stitching. Very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete