Sunday, December 2, 2012

Children's Ornament Series, Part Five - Rosette Snowflake Photo Ornament

Today is the final installment of my Children's Ornament Series and I have saved the best for last.  This is also the most difficult, but really is stunning.

Every year I create a photo ornament of my children to put on our tree, although my oldest is only 5 we already enjoy looking back at how each of them have grown.  I am especially excited this year because we get to add one for our newest addition, William.  Click here to see last year's photo ornament.


Again, I was inspired by my Stampin Up products in creating this ornament.  My Big Shot sure came in handy for this one.  Here are the Bigz Dies that I used:  Designer Rosette Die, Snowflake # 2 Die and the Snow Flurry Die.

I cut out the rosette from Very Vanilla cardstock, the Snowflake #2 was cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, and the Snow Flurry was cut from sparkly gold cardstock.  The patterned paper is retired DSP from Stamp Up, I got a great deal on it from the Clearance Rack.  Finally the stamp set I used the Hostess Mixed Medley Stamp Set.  I really like it because it covers all the Holidays.


I hope I have inspired you to get crafting with your kids, it is such wonderful time spent share what you love.  Again, if you have missed any in this series please come check out the Poinsettia, Snowflake, Scalloped Christmas Tree and the Scalloped Gingerbread Man.  These are also available for purchase at my Etsy Store, Melanie Makes.

Make those special memories,

Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment