Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bryan's First Birthday Shirt

I couldn't decide what I wanted Bryan to wear on his first birthday.  My crafty neighbor, Natalie, inspired me with some of the work she has been doing with Super Hero Capes and monogramming the child's initial on the back with felt. 

With my inspiration, I went the store and bought some felt as well as a plain navy t-shirt.  I decided to use a basic hexagon shape as the back drop for the number one.  I used the Cricut to cut out the two different size hexagons as well as the number one from card stock.  I them used these as a template for cutting my shapes and numbers from the felt.  Next I used "Heat and Bond" to adhere the felt to the shirt and then to each other.  Once everything was ironed in place, I then took coordinating cross stitch floss and sewed around the two hexagons.  I think it turned out pretty adorable and will probably be making one for Tyler's Fourth Birthday.

Next, I will share with you the invitation and birthday decorations that I created for his party.  Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Byran, You are a cute 1 year old boy. I hope you had a great birthday. Your mommy sure did make a lot of wonderful decorations for your first birthday. And how about that shirt she made for you? You are a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete