Thursday, December 23, 2010

Charm Necklace Gift Holder



Christmas is coming up and I needed finish up the gifts that I got my three youngest nieces.  I ordered these personalized birthstone charms for them from "The Silver Diva" Etsy shop.  I added them to necklaces that I bought at Michael's.  I didn't want to just put them back in the little zip lock bags they came in so I decided to make a simple necklace holder for them.  To make this all I needed was a cereal box, scrapbooking paper, glue and an xacto knife.  
Cereal box, scrapbook paper,
glue & x-acto blade

First I cut the cereal box to the portion that I needed and then covered it in glue and pressed the paper on top. 



Next, I cut the holders to the dimensions of my gift bags (31/2"W x 5" L).  I scored a line 1" down along the long ways dimension.  Then I cut two diagonal lines just below my scored line.  This is where you will put the necklace into.


Diagonal slot just below scored line

Cut to desired dimensions






   







Then I just inserted the necklace into the diagonal slots and taped the extra portion of the necklace to the back of the card.


I think they turned out really cute and can't wait to give them to my nieces.  Merry Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. gifts for french bulldog lovers

    ReplyDelete